Organic Seed School
Whether you’re a gardener looking to create your own varieties, a farmer interested in seed production, or a curious eater hoping to understand more about your food system, Organic Seed School is designed for you!
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2015
Time: Registration begins at 7:30am. Program runs 8am - 4pm. Pre-register here.
Lunch and refreshments are included with online pre-registration.
Organic Seed School will include:
- Pollination biology basics
- Practical instruction in selection and crossing for corn, tomatoes, carrots, and more
- Hands-on demonstrations of pollination and wet seed extraction
- Tours of university breeding plots
- Direct instruction from experienced breeders and growers
- Updates from seed company representatives about their initiatives towards serving organic growers
- Time for informal discussion. Come with your questions, and talk directly with the experts!